East Lancashire Hospice Corporate Challenge – Janitorial UK FundraisingJanitorial UK Team
This year Janitorial UK has joined the East Lancashire Hospice’s Corporate Challenge. In this article we will tell you about fundraising events we have planned, how to make donations and why we chose to work with the hospice.
The challenge is for businesses to turn £50 into as much as they can within a six-month period – running April 1st until September 30th. All sponsor money raised will help to provide care for local people who are coping with difficult life-limiting illnesses.
Why East Lancashire Hospice
The East Lancashire Hospice is our company’s chosen charity because of the incredible work and support they offer into the community and we want help them maintain their amazing work any way we can!
The Hospice offer great end of life care to people in the community, they offer a multitude of services that are tailored to each individuals needs. We know that the Hospice resides closely in so many people’s hearts.
Here is some more information about the Hospice and direct links to their services:
East Lancashire Hospice consists of many different services which are available to people with life-limiting illnesses.
- Inpatient Unit – Stays in the hospice for medication or symptom control and end of life care.
- Creative and Support Therapies – Day visits to the hospice to benefit patients and their carers.
- Community Services – Visits to patients’ homes for a variety of needs.
- Counselling – A listening ear and practical advice for exploring feelings, thoughts and emotions.
- Carer support drop-in group – Aimed at everyone who is caring for a friend or family member.
- Complementary Therapy – Massage and other therapies to promote patients’ relaxation and well-being.
- Palliative care physiotherapy – Enabling patients to keep as mobile and fit as possible.
- Bereavement Support Service – Available to all adults who are dealing with grief.
- Education – Courses, sessions and workshops for healthcare professionals and other.
We have teamed up with a local company and have a surprise vehicle that we will be raffling off for £15 per ticket – A real working car for only £15!!! (Follow us on Facebook for further updates)
Our very own Director of Janitorial UK will be taking part in a thrilling skydive on the 19th of August 2018. To make a kind donation through our JustGiving page here.
Our staff members and friends will be taking part in the Ribble Valley Pub Walk –
We will be accepting donations throughout the coming months at our office and on our JustGiving page.
We aim to raise a huge £2,000 for East Lancashire Hospice and hope for as much support as possible in achieving this!
If you are interested in raising money for the Hospice or would like more information about their services please visit: https://eastlancshospice.org.uk